Jerry L. Gildea – SPHR
SPHR Certified Human Resources professional proactively partners with management and operations to support and guide on all aspects of HR performance management. Adept in analyzing trends while aligning and delivering cutting edge HR solutions and programs to achieve key business initiatives. Strengths include hands on, technical and strategic experience managing each phase of the employment lifecycle.
Human Resource Management / Training & Development / Strategic Planning / Leadership
- Performance Management
- Executive Coaching
- Talent Management
- Benefits Administration
- Instructional Design
- Employment Law
- Extensive experience and success in providing day to day HR support in the corporate headquarters environment with multiple departments while meeting their diverse and different needs. Understand the importance of closely collaborating with team managers to align HR resources for maximum departmental performance.
- Excel in developing a learning culture by collaborating with managers and creating best practices for; performance improvement initiatives, progressive discipline, coaching, goal setting, performance appraisals while insuring accountability. Supported leadership/company performance goals, providing management training and growth while extending individual coaching/mentoring opportunities to management and staff.
- Recognized for HR training and performance management programs that supported individual and leadership development while exceeding company performance goals. A passion for maintaining a culture of learning, development, and growth for staff and management. Designed and customized HR and Leadership training programs for the department or company’s ideal needs. Architected CitiFinancial’s first formal HR performance management and orientation programs, still in place today.
- I have had a significant impact in improving and delivering new employee orientation and onboarding programs by providing structure and pro-active procedures to insure a smooth welcoming culture for the new employee. Deliver orientation training programs that accentuate company benefits, programs, and culture while insuring all the new employee’s informational needs are meet. Reduced first year turnover of newly hired employee by thirty seven percent.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal / State laws and legal requirements. Successfully investigated E.E.O complaints and grievances, managing the company liability while reaching solutions amicably. Utilized strong training background to design, deliver, and managed E.E.O / Sexual Harassment compliance / training programs, resulting in zero complaints over a four-year period.
- Excel in using a servant leadership approach in collaborating with management and staff. Building strong relationships, establishing trust, and being an approachable / resourceful while delivering exceptional HR support is a role I cherish.
- Managed multiple compensation and benefit programs for corporate and regional locations. Provided direction and support in managing FMLA and STD / LTD request. Keen understanding of compensation programs, job classifications, salary ranges, analysis, compensation surveys, and forecasting.
- Utilizing behavioral learning styles / DISC, helped managers develop career paths for staff, align employee strengths in assigning roles and projects, significantly improving; performance, communication, employee job satisfaction, reducing turnover by average of 28 percent.
- Through Organizational Development and Succession Planning initiatives, increased internal promotions by thirty three percent by customizing development programs designed to increase individual skills, career pathing opportunities and employee retention.
A professional employer organization, Insperity provides human resources and administrative services to small and medium-sized businesses.
Sr. Human Resources / Performance Consultant 2006 – 2018
Served as the single point of contact for single and regional company locations, providing strategic HR support and modeling a servant leadership approach; focusing on employee development, team dynamics and unity to drive results. Successful performance required relationship development, problem solving, technical solutions through HRIS, administration of compliance matter and creative programmatic initiatives asserting best practices of Human Resource Management, across the employee lifecycle.
MLC, LLC 2006 – 2009
Settlement Company, 4 person operation, handled settlements with banks and mortgage companies.
Utilized entrepreneurial skills to develop and manage a four-person loan settlement firm that tripled revenues within a three year period. Excelled in client development and retention though exceptional customer service while delivering a high quality product.
Ford Motor Company 2004 – 2006
Founded by Henry Ford in 1903, a multinational automaker that has its headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
Developed and delivered sales and customer service training programs to drive client retention, referrals, while increasing company revenues. Trained management staff on ideal leadership skills for employee development by; setting expectations, establishing development plans, coaching, feedback, performance management, and accountability.
Citigroup 1989 – 2004
An American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City, leading global bank, serves more than 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.
Regional Sr. Human Resources Manager / Training & Development
Provided Regional HR guidance to 325 business managers / 300 branches throughout different regions within the United States, on all aspects of day to day operations of human resources functions and responsibilities.
Certifications / Education / Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management, American University, Washington, D.C
- Certified, Senior Human Resources Professional, Society for Human Resources Management
- Member, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Member, Chesapeake Human Resources Association (CHRA)
- Licensed, MD Title Insurance, State of Maryland
- Certified, Facilitator and Assessment Administrator, DISC, DDI, Meyers Briggs, Strength Finders, SkillSoft
Adjunct Professor, PHR Certification Courses
Volunteer Fire Fighter, Baltimore County