Course Description: Not one thing works for all people. Engagement and motivation are no different. What motivates and inspires one will demotivate another. Therefore, it is crucial that, leaders and managers take the time to learn their team’s personal preferences in order to appeal to their highest motivations; creating a productive and happy workforce.
Engagement is critical to a properly functioning team or organization in terms of attracting top talent, creating a positive and creative culture as well as retention of top talent.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify their current level of engagement
- Identify what contributes to and detracts from their engagement
- State steps to take to increase personal motivation and engagement
- Develop a plan to monitor and increase energy levels
Employers, Leaders, Business Owners, CEO’s, Executives, Human Resources, Managers, Supervisors, Recruiters
- Labor Demographics
- Generational Data
- Statistics and Projections
- Corporate Branding
- Recruiting Methods
- Learning and Development
- Succession Planning
- Coaching, Mentoring
- Team Formation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conscious Business Strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of supportive behaviors
- Problem solving
- Discretion and professional judgment
- Analyses/critical reasoning
- Assimilate and apply new information
Attendees will have a broader perspective of what personally is motivating and demotivating to them and under what kind of guidance and leadership they best operate. Knowing these values, leaders may shape their communication to frame information in a way that it is most likely to be best received.
Employees will begin taking more personal responsibility for outcomes. Relationships will be more respectful of alternative perspectives and a focus will be on creating positive outcomes aligned to purpose.
Tips for Measurement of Impact:
- Attendees will begin to see within the varying roles they play, how to avoid demotivating behaviors and increase motivating behaviors.
- Attendees will aim to be more inclusive in their communication both within and outside the organization.
- Tips, tools and data from the presentation will be used to support initiatives and decision making in local organizations.
- Authentic discussions around culture will begin to occur and be formally supported through revisions of corporate policy and procedure.
Preparing today’s and tomorrow’s leaders with the skills and competencies necessary to be effective, efficient and purpose aligned – leading to greater goal achievement through a more comprehensive view of workforce leadership and its impact on society, as well as organizations.
Currently, the United States has two generations in the workforce (Gen X and Millennials) soon to take the helm of their organizations and have received little-to-no formal or informal leadership development, due to a perceived threat to boomer leaders and an economic perspective that training is a luxury that could not be afforded.
As a result, Gen X and Millennials are woefully under prepared to take on leadership and management roles in replacement of the retiring boomers. These two external conditions and responses to them have created a true Leadership Crisis. Leading Maryland has recognized this fact and serves to close the skills gaps in support of Businesses and Leaders across the State of Maryland.
Leading Maryland recognizes, organizations can’t not afford to train their leaders, recognizing their impact on company and employee achievement, as well as bottom line profits and losses.
When: To Be Announced
The Classes are two hours in length and are typically mornings during the week or via a webinar online.
Where: Hunt Valley, MD (Classroom & Online Supplemental Material)
Cost: $149 per person