Course Description: Persuasion is the single most important business and personal skill. Without the skill of persuasion, leaders would be unable to lead, sales people would be unable to sell. Persuasion is the key to success in every facet of life. Most people do not understand the key elements of persuasion and fewer still apply the process well. Studies show that most people use a process that researchers label a “sure fire way to fail” at persuasion. Current neurological brain research shows how the mind reacts to logic and emotion. By integrating age-old knowledge with modern science we can help people make quick, non-analytical decisions using their own built-in short cuts to decisions.
This program will help you to further understand what persuasion is, how the persuasion process works, and why it is scientifically proven to be an effective sales tool.
The goal for any persuasion encounter is to get agreement, to generate the action you seek.
- Identify what persuasion is, how the persuasion process works, and why it is scientifically proven to be an effective sales tool
- Identify and state key elements of persuasion
- Practice a choice of persuasion based on situational encounter to get agreement and generate the action you seek
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Methods of Persuasion
- Choosing appropriate method for the situation
- Identify appropriate Powers of Persuasion for a variety of situations
- Demonstrate power of persuasion types
- Behaviors are defined by outcome expected and agreements made between supervisor and employee
Tips for Measurement of Impact:
- The learning can be observed and measured as utilizing “contracting agreements” to enact achievement of goals and expectations
- Supervisors can be observed evaluating situations and choosing appropriate methods of influence and powers of persuasion.
- Staff and supervisor relationship pertaining to performance is clearly known, monitored, supported and held accountable
When: To Be Announced
The Classes are two hours in length and are typically mornings during the week or via a webinar online.
Where: Hunt Valley, MD (Classroom & Online Supplemental Material)
Cost: $149 per person